Originally posted on 30 November 2010
As we approach Sheffield Renewables’ first public share offer, the group has undertaken a range of important ground work such as:
- Designing and developing this website, the Facebook and Twitter pages
- Writing blog articles, newsletters and press releases
- Talking to a wide range of different people in Sheffield, promoting opportunities to Volunteer, Support and Invest at numerous events
- Monitoring the level of interest in our activities and identifying innovative ways of increasing our appeal
In preparation for our first public share offer, two new volunteers have joined the team. In the coming months there will be lots of proactive ways for people to help. The focus will be on getting out and about, enabling other people to experience the exciting challenge of raising the capital needed to build Sheffield’s first community owned renewable energy scheme.
- Talking about our activities to people you know, on our stall at events or giving presentations to groups
- Distributing information materials, such as putting up posters on noticeboards and ensuring people can access our leaflets at popular locations
- Raising awareness online
- Writing blog articles
Time commitments are flexible with training and support being provided. Previous experience is helpful but energy and enthusiasm are vital. If anyone is interested they should email email@example.com for further information and to identify which options are most suitable for them.